Monday 15 December 2014

About Acting





Do You Have What it Takes To Be An Actor?

Many readers have e-mailed variations of “How can I tell if I have what it takes?” First, a warning: be very clear not to confuse this question with “How do I know if I will be a success?” “Have what it takes” refers to ability…

Going from Good Acting to Great

Unfortunately the word “great” has become so trivialized from careless overuse that it’s lost all its energy. However, to me it still means splendid, awe-inspiring, and beyond talent and into genius. Therefore moving into “great acting” is the equivalent of climbing Everest–difficult, but it can…

What to do When an Agent Asks for Money

“My name is Rachael and I am a senior in high school. Recently, I heard about the Wilhelmina Scouting Network. This is an online site where agents, producers, directors and other industry people can search for models and actors. I had an interview with one…

A Simple Tip for Acting Success – Embracing

Many of you know Ruth Kulerman as the writer of our articles, but last week, I was lucky enough to work with her as an actor. She played a goddess in a reading of a play I’ve co-written, and she was fantastic. Many professionals in…

Top Ten Tips for Succeeding as an Actor

1. Understand the Industry Before you enter it, become an expert on the acting and entertainment industry. Read twenty books on the business of acting, talk to dozens of actors and meet with as many people in the industry as possible (directors, producers, agents, editors,…

Final Words from Ruth Kulerman

Although not specifically listed as “tips” in this, our last journey together, let me just pour out “words” I powerfully believe concern the art of acting and those who occasionally get a glimpse that the drive to act is more than a drive for 15…

20 Monologue Tips

Today is Ruth Kulerman’s second-to-last essay for ActorTips. Reading it over, I’m amazed at how much personality pours out of her writing — and I’m certain that’s a key to her extraordinary power on stage (yes, I’ve been lucky enough to see her act). While…

Terrible Reasons to Become an Actor

Here is a fascinating question from a reader: “WHAT DRAWS PEOPLE TO BECOME ACTORS?” I’ve asked several people this question over the years. They fib. But here are some of the replies, followed by my own observations. 1. “I thought it would be fun.” TIP: …

Know the 2 “E”s and 3 “I”s of Acting

Recently we have addressed several practical and very necessary professional subjects, such as paying to be heard, the use of postcards, memorizing, and scams in all their varieties. Each of you can determine which article–hopefully at least one!–during the past nine months has most helped…
- See more at: http://actortips.com/#sthash.72oocpan.dpuf


No comments:

Post a Comment